Listen up! There are a few changes this year:
- NO drop bags at Ojibwa – that’s right, NO drop bags for the 80-mile, and no drop bags at Ojibwa for the 160 mile. Pack smart – don’t underestimate the weather – be prepared for extreme cold, strong wind, high humidity and everything in between. Conditions will change throughout the time you are on the trail. Bring extra layers.
- 160 mile participants will have 1 drop bag at Park Falls.
- The Ojibwa and Park Falls checkpoints will have water, pop and some food stuffs. But as always, don’t plan on a full meal at Ojibwa. At Park Falls, 160-milers will have the option to purchase food at the Bistro (the checkpoint is hosted by the Bistro). It is best for you to plan on being as self-sufficient as possible, which aligns with the spirit of the event.
- No stove, fuel, pot or calorie requirements.
- Specific light requirements – read the Gear Requirements page for full details; show up with good quality lights and backup batteries for your headlamp/bike light and red blinky lights, or you will be required to purchase them at gear check
Read all of the information under the Race Info tab to get familiar with the course, checkpoints, rules etc.
December 27-29, 2019
Race format, course, checkpoints, start times etc. same as 2018 event.
Registration will open August 1st on Ultrasignup at midnight central time. Here is the link.
Email us with any questions: email@example.com
We rarely use Facebook so don’t expect updates on the event page. However, participants are welcome to use the page for group discussion, sharing experiences etc.
We will add links to blog reports and other media here as we come across them.
- Click here for a recap posted on bikepacking.com which we collaborated on, along with photographer Greg.
- Click here for veteran biker Christopher Tassava’s race recap.
- Click here for first time foot participant Chris Moroch’s race recap.
We were lucky enough to have two talented photographers covering this year’s event!
Gregory T Photography
Please download your FREE Web Sized photo(s) and share on social media. The gallery is located here: www.gregorytphotography.pixieset.com
The gallery store is open for ordering photo prints. Prints are available in Luster, Metallic Paper (recommended), a Mounted Print, and a Metal print on Aluminum. Also located in the “Basket” is a donate option. Want to donate more? Just add more quantities of donations.
Like your photo? You can support the photographer by ordering prints, making a donation, or a review on FaceBook (@gregorytphotography) or Google (Gregory T Photography of Neenah, WI)
Markman Outdoor Photography
David Markman, based in Avon, MN, also took photos at different points along the course. His images are available for purchase here: https://markmanoutdoorphotography.com/p269514282
Finish Line Photos by Helen
All finish line photos taken by Helen have been be posted to the FaceBook page. If anyone wants the original photo just text 612-229-9950.
Link to Live Tracking!
For reference, here are the links to the previous 2 years’ Live Tracking so that checkpoint times can be estimated:
Trackleaders: If you rented a tracker or have linked your own – it will show up at this link. Spectators: please note that not every racer has a tracker!
Friends & Family: DO NOT call us if your racer’s tracker stops or goes off-trail.
When you get to Rice Lake, stop by the following local businesses, make a purchase and ask for a raffle ticket – write your name on the ticket and drop it in the jar at the KC Hall:
Each business is donating a prize.
Open to friends & family!
Folks – if you wish to sign up for a tracker this year, please click HERE.
Registration will open August 1st at midnight central time at Ultrasignup. You can use this link or simply search for the race. You do need an Ultrasignup account to register.
The race will be held December 28-30th. Start times, locations and all other information can be found on this website.
Entry fees are same as last year:
160 mile: $150 until Nov 1st, $200 after Nov 1st
80 mile: $100 until Nov 1st, $150 after Nov 1st
Prior to registering, please ensure you have read all rules and are committed to having all required gear! You will not be allowed to start the race without it.
Email us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW FOR 2018: this will be a CUPLESS / BOWL-LESS / PLASTIC CUTLERY FREE event! Please plan accordingly.
P.S. Don’t expect too many Facebook updates.
December 28-30, 2018
Not approved with the DNR yet, so possible it could change.
Registration to open sometime around July, but keep an eye here in case it happens earlier.
Results have been posted on Ultra Signup (details of checkpoint in/out times are on the Live Tracking spreadsheet in post below).
Also, the overall finish rates for each race are at this link.