The Tuscobia 160 event (run, bike, or ski) is a qualifying event for the Iditarod Trail Invitational. Please visit the ITI website for more information on how to apply for their legendary event. http://www.iditarodtrailinvitational.com
How the ITI entry is awarded:
Male and Female winners from each discipline (run, bike, ski) in the 160 mile event will have the opportunity to be entered into a drawing for the ITI entry.
Only winners that have a probable chance of actually using the entry will be included in the drawing. If you know that you are unlikely to use the entry, we ask that you exclude yourself from the drawing, giving others the chance to use the entry.
The 160 mile distance must be completed and you must be given an official finish.
Any questions? Let us know.
Previous Winners of the Tuscobia Winter Ultra ITI entry:
- 2021 – Ryan Haug
- 2019 – Faye Norby, Run
- 2018 – Ben Doom, Bike
- 2017R2 – Paul Schlagel, Run
- 2017R1 – Scott Hoberg, Run
- 2016 – Daniel Powers, Ski (Daniel, who is from Fairbanks, AK, ended up entering and completing the 2016 ITI 350 mile – congrats Daniel!)
- 2014/15 – Sue Lucas, Run
- 2013 – Jason Buffington, Run (yes, Buff won both the event and drawing, again!)
- 2012 – Jason Buffington, Bike